What do you get when you join MBCC?
When you join the MBCC, we suggest you select a way to get involved. It helps you to meet other members, engage and build relationships with other members of the chamber.
If you are not a member yet, come join us on July 14 at Coffee with MBCC. This is an informal way to learn more about the chamber and meet some of our board members. The event is free and occurs every other month.
We have 5 committees currently in the MBCC.
We also have affinity groups which are either recently launched or launching soon.
- MBCC Government Contractor Affinity Group – Informal group for business owners involved in government contracting and procurement. Meets every other month.
- MBCC Black Women’s Leadership Roundtable – Small group for accountability of female leaders. This group consists of a maximum of 12 women and meets every other month.
- MBCC Start Up Circle – This group is for new entrepreneurs. Offers mentorship, guidance and small group coaching for new business owners. Meets monthly.
Other ways to grow your business
- Member to Member Discount – Members can offer a discount to members to entice them to use your services.
- Member Spotlight – You can be showcased on our website, in our newsletter, and on our social media by completing the short survey about your business.
- Business Development Consult – You can take advantage of a 30-minute consult with the ED to learn more about opportunities for business development, networking, organizations to help you grow your business.
- Networking Events – Casual networking events are held 3 times a year and are free for members to attend.
Members receive discounted tickets to our 4 signature events. Each event is held annually, has a keynote speaker, a formal program and opportunities to network.
- State of Black Business Event – January/February
- Maryland Black Business Legislative Wrap-Up – April/May
- Back to Business Event – September
- Annual Meeting – November/December