Below are notes from the GOMA Presentation – Navigating the eMaryland Marketplace that took place on February 17, 2017.
The presentation discussed navigating the State of Maryland eMaryland Marketplace in order to sell goods and services to the state and local jurisdictions.
Understand the NIGP
- NIGP – this is a 5 digit code which classifies the goods/services in the system.
- The codes which start with 900 and above are commodity or products and below 900 are services.
- This is a self-certification program through the online portal.
- Businesses must re-certify every year.
- You can qualify by using SIZE OR GROSS SALES requirements. (There is a chart in the presentation that outlines the requirements)
- Must be a for-profit business to qualify.
- The SBR program includes 23 designated state agencies.
- For questions about the program, check in with a SBR Liaison.
For more information, click on the links below.